Effective date: October 21, 2013
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Our Site is not designed or intended for use by children under 13. If you are under 18, you should use the Site and Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Children under 13 may not submit any personally identifiable information to us, and if we discover that we have inadvertently gathered any such information from a child under 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete it. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 13 who has provided personally identifiable information to us, please inform us by contacting us at email@example.com and we will remove such information from our database. If you are concerned about your children’s use of the Site, you may use web filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site. Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting kids’ privacy online.
HERE’S THE Personal Information WE Collect:
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our Services. We collect the following types of information (“Personal Information”) from our users:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We collect and store the following types of information on our servers only when you optionally choose to provide it to us by filling out a form or taking some other explicit action. You can choose not to provide us with any of the information below, but you may not be able to take advantage of certain features (such as sending us an inquiry via an online form) without providing the appropriate information.
- Private Form Information: You may be able to send us an email inquiry or contact us by filling out a form on our Site and by providing us with information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and/or company information.
- Information Provided in Contests, Sweepstakes, or Promotions: You may be asked to submit Personal Information when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or fill out a survey.
- Information Obtained about Third Parties: If you provide us with information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use the information for the specific purpose for which it was provided.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
In order to understand how our Sites and Services are being used and to make them better, we also automatically receive, store, and log certain types of technical information whenever you interact with our Sites. Information of this sort includes:
- Technical Information About Your Browser And Mobile Device: This information is used in the aggregate to help us optimize the Service for common browsers and devices.
- Usage Information, Such As The Pages You Request, Searches You Conduct, Emails You Open And The Features You Interact With: This information is used in the aggregate to generate statistics about how the Service is being used and is never shared in any form that would identify you personally.
- IP Address, Tokens, Cookies, And Device Identifiers: These are alphanumeric identifiers that help us to distinguish between unique browsers and devices in order to avoid showing you the same information twice, keep you logged into our Site and improve your experience. For example, we may receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the browser software you use, and your operating system and if applicable, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our Site may not work properly in that case.
- Information Received Through Your Wireless Device: If you use our Service on or through a wireless device, we may, in accordance with the terms of any applicable agreement with the wireless device carrier (and as allowed by your privacy settings), collect certain information such as your unique device identifier (a number automatically assigned to your mobile or wireless device), device type, and information you choose to provide or share, such as e-mail address.
HERE’S HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
In addition to the specific uses discussed above, information you submit to us may be used in the following ways:
- to respond to requests that you make or to aid us in serving you better;
- to fix technical problems;
- to provide administrative services;
- to monitor traffic, the number of visitors, and the effectiveness of Services;
- to provide you with updates, offers, and announcements about products, new products, services, features, promotions, enhancements, improvements or updates;
- to market our products and/or services to you, including sending you information, newsletters, e-mail campaigns, and communications regarding new, improved or existing products, contests and/or sweepstakes;
- to send you contest-related communications if you participate in a contest or promotion hosted by us or by a third party using our platform;
- to provide, administer, and facilitate your use of the Site and Service, including the display of customized content and/or targeted advertising;
- to resolve Site problems; handle or respond to customer support questions and issues;
- to process or fulfill your request(s) and/or order(s) for products, services, information or features;
- to enabling user-to-user communication and interaction and solicit input and feedback to improve user experience;
- to monitor the technical functioning of the Site, Service, and network;
- to develop new and/or improved products, services or offerings;
- to create, review, analyze and share aggregate information;
- to identify, research, and protect against any actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, or unwanted use of any of the Site or Service, including but not limited to researching any claims made by or about others users and/or about the Site and/or Service, and such efforts of which may include information provided from third-party sources;
- to analyze trends and user traffic;
- to market, process, or fulfill promotions administered or sponsored by us or by our partners or affiliates;
- to resolve disputes;
- to trouble-shoot errors or issues with the Site and/or Service;
- to track usage information;
- to ask you to participate in surveys about products and services; or
- as we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Site and Service.
We may provide these services ourselves or share the information with partners who will provide the services for us. We may use aggregated user data to market the Service or the Site to others.
HERE’S HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any persons or entities outside of our company, nor lease, license, rent, transfer, disclose, disseminate or otherwise grant access to such information unless:
- You have been given an opportunity to “opt-in” and have agreed to opt-in to such disclosure of your information;
- We must share your information in order to provide a product or service that you have ordered or requested, in which case we will require that any third person or entity we use to fulfill your order agrees that it does not have the right to use your information other than to fulfill your order or request;
- When we believe in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- If we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your Personal Information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so;
- We receive a request in connection with or relevant to a judicial, governmental or legal inquiry, investigation, order, or proceeding;
- We are required to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other requirement of law, which requires disclosure of your information;
- It is reasonably necessary to enforce this Policy, or any other legal agreements;
- It is required to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule/regulation), and/or security or technical issues; or
- It is required or reasonably necessary to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, employees, any minors, members of the public and/or our Sites and Services.
We may also disclose information about you to our auditors or legal advisors in conjunction with accessing our disclosure obligations and/or rights under this Policy.
HERE’S HOW WE DISCLOSE AGGREGATE INFORMATION:
We may combine your Personal Information and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total views in a particular geographic region or track trends. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users’ information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through more accurate marketing and advertising of the Site. We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of Personal Information, to other companies with whom we conduct business. HERE’S WHAT WE DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE:
We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information that you share and we collect and store. These security measures may include practices such as keeping your sensitive or Personal Information on a secured server behind a firewall, internal reviews of our data collection practices and platforms, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed and you transmit such information at your own risk; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
While we are committed to taking all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, there are steps you can take as well; such as:
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number or financial information.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU DON’T WANT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM US: Opt-Out
If we have provided any third party with your Personal Information (with your permission) and you subsequently opt-out, you will have to contact the third-party directly with your opt-out request(s).
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN UPDATE, DELETE, OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We believe you should have the ability to access, edit, and delete the Personal Information that you have provided to us and encourage you to promptly update your Personal information if it changes. You may change any of your Personal Information at any time by contacting us in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Site. If you are concerned about the accuracy of Personal Information maintained by us or wish to review, access, amend or correct it, or would like your Personal Information removed from our records, you may contacting us with your request at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or are extremely impractical. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
HERE’S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE CHANGE THIS POLICY:
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US: